Culture AND VALUES
Hope Shop is a department of Honour Church ACC. Hope Shop aims to physically, emotionally and spiritually elevate the lives of local people who need hope – it does this directly through its welfare services and programs and indirectly by partnering with other churches and other (government and non-government) welfare organisations.
1. Hope Shop is a wonderfully unique and eclectic community of over 160 fundraising workers and volunteers.
2. Together we operate an op' shop, café, clothing boutique, eBay online, furniture warehouse, outreach service and computer repair service. Proverbs 1-3 Unity commands a blessing… like oil & dew.
3. People who use our welfare support service are encouraged to 'join in' - we believe the best we thing we ‘sell’ [for nothing] is community and hope.
4. As we work we aim to create an environment that promotes Healing, Opportunities, Purpose and Encouragement.
5. Leaders are sensitive to the varied challenges fellow workers have and guide, motivate & communicate positively with humility, patience & hope.
6. We do not enable people with addictions but offer options and hope.
7. Leaders serve others and celebrate the achievements and advancement of others. Matt 20: 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His [a]life a ransom for many.”
· Grace: We try to be quick to forgive and practice grace
“Grace, then, is grace,–that is to say, it is sovereign, it is free, it is sure, it is unconditional, and it is everlasting.” ~ Alexander Whyte
· Love: We try to be patient, generous and sensitive to the needs of others
Proverbs 11:24- 25 The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller. 25 The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped.
· Servant Leadership: We lead with the goal of elevating protecting and encouraging others Philippians 2:3 Nothing should be done because of pride or thinking about yourself. Think of other people as more important than yourself.
· Honesty: We understand that gossip, dishonesty causes disunity
Prov 16:28 A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.
· Gratitude: We are glass half full people
1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
· Humour: Laughter is one of our most important KPIs
Prov 17:22 A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.
· Caring for the needy: We understand living with purpose is good for us and others James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble,
Hope Shop will expand it’s operations so as to increase its ability to take HOPE (healing, opportunities, purpose and encouragement) through relationships to the Mid North Coast.
Hope Shop has currently two outlets, Port Macquarie , Lake Cathie and plans to expand in other towns, like Wauchope, Taree and Kempsey (in no particular order).
Strategic Plan Synopsis:
* Move from rented premises and but a commercial property to obtain an asset for the long term growth ands sustainability of Honour Church and Hope Shop
* Develop and refine a range of ‘tools’ (programs) that Hope Shop team members can use to bring H.O.P.E. to the lost and lonely in our community
* Open a small café/boutique/vintage or a second hand furniture hope shop/café at Wauchope
* Plant churches in these locations when para-church services attract a certain number of leaders and committed members
* Repeat this process in Kempsey
* Offer this system (and training) to other churches (as a free franchise)
This agrees with Honour’s mission statement – through relationships we provide fresh opportunities for people to experience the fullness, freedom and forgiveness of knowing Jesus. In our vision Ps Mark says, ‘ I see a church utilizing every opportunity to positively affect our community towards Jesus.’
Welfare 0478 558 079
hope shope © 2018